We are pleased to hear that Navicent’s Omer Awan has been named 2019 CHIME Innovator of the Year by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME). The award was presented last November 4 at the CHIME Fall CIO Forum in Phoenix.
As senior vice president and chief information and digital officer at Navicent Health, Awan was awarded for leading the organization’s innovative use of IT to break down care coordination barriers, improving patient experience and quality while saving millions of dollars.
Our team at acombina worked with Awan and his team to develop OrCarestra, a care coordination system built on top of our Outstanding Patient Experience (OPX) platform. The platform enabled the team to streamline delivery of care by seamlessly integrating new capabilities into their existing systems. While the system is comprehensive and touches nearly every aspect of their operations, some of the functionalities that were noted for the award were:
- A scheduling portal that replaces faxes and phone calls to facilitate scheduling procedures at a hospital and eliminate schedule conflicts;
- A convenient mobile and kiosk patient check-in module that removes the hassle of filling out paper forms and cuts down waiting times;
- A patient management tool that makes it easy to to see the entirety of patient case activity in a single page and speeds up case workflows;
- A physician directory with customizable biographies, photos and search terms to make it faster and easier for patients to find providers who match their needs
It has been a pleasure to work together with Awan and his team these past few years to achieve Navicent Health’s transformation goals. “Innovation is never about one person; it is a team sport and I am fortunate to have such fantastic teammates,” Awan said as he accepted the award.
As we continue to develop our OPX platform, we look forward to strengthening our collaboration with visionary organizations like Navicent Health to help them harness data to its fullest potential and propel them forward in the journey towards high-quality, cost-efficient care.
About the CHIME Award
The Innovator of the Year Award is given annually to a member of CHIME whose creative application of technology has demonstrated value to their healthcare organization with an innovative solution that can be shared widely with the CHIME membership.
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is an executive organization dedicated to serving chief information officers (CIOs), chief medical information officers (CMIOs), chief nursing information officers (CNIOs), chief innovation officers (CIOs), chief digital officers (CDOs) and other senior healthcare IT leaders.
About OPX and acombina
OPX is acombina’s platform that enables interconnected systems for healthcare organizations so that they can easily capture data, use that same data across the organization’s many subsystems, and collate all that data for management and analysis. It is comprised of three subsystems, which include:
- Care Resource Planning (CRP) solution, which helps organizations match patient demands against supplied resources to improve utilization and capacity planning, streamline care, and provide actionable insights
- Referral Chain Management (RCM), which lets organizations streamline communication among all providers involved in each patient’s care as the patient makes their way across the patient journey
- Patient Relationship Management (PRM), which aids organizations to develop deep and long-term relationships with patients in line with the system-wide shift to a value-based model of healthcare
Acombina is healthcare IT provider that makes integrated cloud-based solutions for enterprise analytics, patient engagement, care transitions, and population health management.